Ingredients for the Sweet Potatoes
2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
2 teaspoons avocado oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
Ingredients for the Meat Mixture
1 Tbsp avocado oil
½ yellow onion, diced
1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
2 Tbsp taco seasoning
¼ cup water
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 4 oz. can diced green chilis
1 red bell pepper, chopped
½ cup Paleo mayo
1/3 cup salsa
Jalapenos, cilantro, and avocado for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F. Toss sweet potatoes with avocado oil and sea salt in the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
2. While sweet potatoes are baking, heat avocado oil over medium heat in a large-sized skillet. Cook onions until they are translucent then add ground beef. Brown the beef, breaking up chunks, until no longer pink. Add the taco seasoning and water to the skillet. Simmer for 2-3 minutes then add diced tomatoes, diced green chilis, and red bell pepper to the skillet.
3. With a slotted spoon, spoon skillet mixture over sweet potatoes in the casserole dish.
4. In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Whisk in mayo and salsa to the bowl. Pour the creamy sauce over sweet potato and skillet mixture. Spread evenly over the casserole with a spoon.
5. Bake casserole at 375° F for 25 minutes. Let casserole cool for 5-10 minutes before adding garnish toppings and serving.
Inspired by The Healthy Consultant