Ingredients for the Crust
½ cup coconut flour
1 cup almond meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ cup coconut milk
Ingredients for the Toppings
3-4 Tbsp of your favorite tomato sauce
8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
3 artichoke hearts, chopped
8 button mushrooms, sliced
1 Tbsp coconut oil for cooking
¼ lb. good quality cooked ham, shaved
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Begin by preparing the crust. In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, almond meal, baking powder, and garlic powder.
3. Mix eggs, olive oil, and milk together in a small bowl.
4. Using a whisk, begin by stirring wet ingredients to dry, stirring constantly to reduce any clumping. Once the mixture gets too thick to use the whisk, use your hands to finish until the mixture starts forming a batter.
5. The batter will seem quite soft and a different texture than typical pizza dough but once cooked, it will take the right form.
6. On a well-greased and rimmed pizza pan, add the pizza batter and spread it until it covers the surface. It’s important to use a rimmed pan, so the batter doesn’t spill off.
7. Put the crust in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove and place on wire cooling rack when done but keep the oven on for more baking.
8. Meanwhile, prepare the toppings to put on the finished crust.
9. Heat a pan on medium heat and add coconut oil. Once the pan is hot, cook the sliced mushrooms until they are well cooked.
10. Spread the tomato sauce on the crust. Sprinkle sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, and cooked mushrooms on top, followed by the ham.
11. With the oven still at 375° F, bake the completed pizza for another 10 minutes or so to allow the toppings to cook. Enjoy!
Inspired by Paleo Leap