13 ½ oz. coconut milk (may substitute almond milk)
4 oz. coffee, strongly brewed, or espresso
2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
¼ cup dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Raw honey or grade B maple syrup, to taste if desired
5 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Place coconut milk and espresso/coffee in a heavy-bottomed pot and turn heat to medium. Whisk in cacao powder.
- When cacao powder is completely incorporated, add chocolate chips, or chopped chocolate and whisk constantly until melted.
- Remove pot from heat, whisk in vanilla, and taste for sweetness, adding honey or maple syrup if desired.
- Whisk in chia seeds until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour mixture in bowl, cover, and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with berries or mint if desired and Enjoy!
Inspired by: https://www.primalpalate.com/paleo-recipe/dark-chocolate-espresso-chia-pudding/